As the first state-recognised private distance learning university in Germany, AKAD University is one of the largest providers of distance learning. It offers more than 70 part-time distance learning courses leading to Bachelor's, Master's and MBA degrees as well as dual study programmes, university certificates and preparatory courses for state-recognised examinations in the fields of business & management, technology & IT, communication & culture and health & social affairs. The digital AKAD distance learning model is specially designed for working people who want to complete their degree flexibly, individually and efficiently - you can start your studies at any time. With over 60 years of experience and more than 71,000 successful alumni, AKAD University is the recognised specialist for part-time digital distance learning. AKAD University is state-recognised and institutionally and system-accredited by the German Council of Science and Humanities. Its study programmes are individually accredited by the accreditation bodies ACQUIN and ZEvA and approved by the ZFU - Staatliche Zentralstelle für Fernunterricht.
Study programmes (65)
Reasons for studying with us
– The pioneer of part-time distance learning with over 60 years of experience;
– Over 66,000 successful alumni;
– More than 80 study programmes in the fields of business, technology, digitalisation, communication, and health and social affairs;
– 96% of our students graduate at the first attempt;
– Digital campus: study at any time and from anywhere—100% online.
Although the AKAD University itself does not award any university scholarships, there are numerous scholarship programmes that are available to students throughout Germany.