Dieses spezialisierte Grundstudium der Beratung eröffnet dir vielfältige Berufs- und Studienmöglichkeiten. Beraterinnen und Berater arbeiten in einer Vielzahl von Berufsfeldern, darunter in Unternehmen, gewinnorientierten und gemeinnützigen Organisationen, Behörden und in der privaten Praxis.
Description of the programme
BSc (Hons) Psychology with Counselling
The course takes a modern, person-centred approach, helping you develop the right tools and strategies for successfully assisting individuals in your future role. Our academic team come from a range of professional and cultural backgrounds, and will help you gain career-focussed skills in professional counselling through real-world applied settings. We also offer sessions with guest speakers from a wealth of areas, giving you the opportunity to start developing industry links and networks that will help you along on your future career path.
After the course, you will have the possibility of continuing onto further counselling related qualifications, such as psychotherapy, Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT), training as a counselling psychologist, or a doctorate in counselling psychology.
As well as roles in counselling, you will graduate with skills that can be applied to a range of professions, including support or social work, nursing, mental health, HR, and many more.
Why enrolling in this programme?
To support your career development, this course is accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS), the representative body for psychology and psychologists in the UK. This means that students obtaining at least a lower second-class honours degree (2:2) will be eligible for the society's Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership—the prerequisite for further training as a professional psychologist after graduation.
Why study this programme?
To develop the latest knowledge of modern psychology and counselling. Amazing student support, with one-to-one tutor interaction. You will learn through real-world contexts to help you best apply your learning in practice. To gain a cross-cultural perspective of psychology and counselling which you can apply in your home country and beyond. The flexible nature of the course means you can easily fit your studies around your other life commitments. You will have 24/7 access to your online learning materials, student support, and careers portal.
Accreditations & awards
Arden University delivers programmes which are accredited by the following professional organisations:
– The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
– The Agency for Public Health Education Accreditation (APHEA)
– The Association for Project Management (APM)
– The British Psychological Society (BPS)
– The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT)
– Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
– The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
– Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
– The Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS)
– Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
– Digital Marketing Institute (DMI)
– The Institute of Health & Social Care Management (IHSCM)
– The Institute of Travel and Tourism (ITT)
– Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA)
– The Tourism Management Institute (TMI)